Francisco Santos Leal
What's this Leal about?
- Discrete and combinatorial geometry (oriented matroids, lattice polytopes, convex polytopes in general, triangulations of them)
- Computational geometry (Delaunay triangulations, pseudo-triangulations)
- Algebraic geometry (toric geometry, topology of real algebraic plane curves,
decomposition of polynomials in sums of squares)
My CV: english (abridged, last updated December 2017), spanish
(official spanish ministry format, last updated December 2017).
I work mostly with people in the groups Discrete
and differential geometry and Computational
Algebra and Geometry of my department.
Some current and recent activities:
- Since April 2016 I am an Einstein Visiting Fellow in the Discrete Geometry Group of FU Berlin.
- In 2010-2017 I was coordinating the Doctorate program Mathematics and Computation, which was distinguished by the Spanish Science Ministry with an "Excellence Mention".
- In 2010-2016 I was a member of the Scientific Committee of the Royal Spanish Mathematical Society.
- In 2010-2013 I was Vicedean of the Faculty of Sciences, in charge of coordinating the Degree in Mathematics of my University.
- In 2008-2010 I was the director of the International Center for Math Meetings (CIEM) in Castro Urdiales.
- In 2008-2011 I was a member of the steering committee of the i-MATH project.
- I am or have been involved in the organization of the following events:
- Geometric, Algebraic, and Topological Combinatorics, Oberwolfach, August 2019, coorganized with Gil Kalai (Jerusalem), Isabella Novik (Seattle), and Volkmar Welker (Marburg).
- 2019 Biannual Congress of the Royal Spanish Mathematical Society, Santander, 4-8 February 2019.
- Einstein Workshops on Lattice Polytopes (December 2016),
Discrete Geometry and Topology (March 2018),
Geometric and Topological Combinatorics (October 2018),
- MSRI semester on Geometric and Topological Combinatorics, Fall 2017.
- Geometric and Algebraic Combinatorics, Oberwolfach, February 2015, coorganized with Gil Kalai (Jerusalem), Isabella Novik (Seattle), and Volkmar Welker (Marburg).
- 2013 Biannual Congress of the Royal Spanish Mathematical Society.
- Triangulations, Oberwolfach, May 2012, coorganized with William H. Jaco (Stillwater), Frank H. Lutz (Berlin), and John M. Sullivan (Berlin).
- Jornadas de Matemática Discreta y Algorítmica (Castro Urdiales, July 7-9 2010).
- Real Geometry, Computer Algebra and Math Education, in honor of Tomás Recio (Castro Urdiales, May 17-21 2010).
- International Fall Workshop on Geometry and Physics (Castro Urdiales, September 3-6 2008).
- Workshop on Geometric and
Topological Combinatorics (Alcalá de Henares, 31 August-5 September, 2006). This was a satellite conference of ICM2006.
- XIII Encuentro de
Topología (Santander, November 2006).
A Spanish meeting on Topology.
- XI Encuentros de
Geometría Computacional (Santander, 27-29 June, 2005).
A Spanish meeting on Computational Geometry.
- Algebraic and
Geometric Combinatorics (Crete, 20-26 August, 2005). This was part of a
series of Euroconferences on Mathematics in Crete.
- Some pages related to the MSRI Summer School on Triangulations of point sets, that I organized in July 2003 jointly with Jesús A. de Loera and Jörg Rambau. This was one of the early steps in our writing of this book
These are my two youngest collaborators.
Click on the pictures to see them as they deserve.